Thursday, 22 May 2008

A Cool Project, great to do with older children


This Kaiser brand box comes in a kitset from Spotlight. It's made out of a wood product like MDF, only very thin.

Step 1) I painted all the pieces of the box on both sides. I used two coats of Kaisercolour crafters acrylic Sage.

Step 2) While the paint was drying, I measured up the backing paper. I used a floral design from Spotlight I think. I attached the flowers to the papers by brads. Then I glued a strip of contrasting paper to the bottom, and covered the join with a fine ribbon glued all the way along the join and folded under the papers to hide the ends of the ribbon.

Step 3) When the paint had dried, I put the box together fixing it with Leeho craft glue, and then tacked the parts together with fine nails.

Step 4) I used tiki tape to stick the layout onto the lid of the box, and another strip of matching paper to the front of the box and added an alpha sticker from a Studio K range.

Step 5) Lastly, I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age balsa scrolls from Spotlight. When they were dry, I used Tombo craft glue to adhere them to the project, and it was finished.

No comments: